"From earth sprang herbs, from herbs food, from food seed, from seed man. Man thus consists of the essence of food. From food are all creatures produced, by food do they grow. The self consists of food, of breath, of mind, of understanding, of bliss."
- The Upanishad

Thursday, April 1, 2010

New Critique



When it's springtime in Nebraska, I'll be bloggin' back to you. Here is my critique of our latest kitchen fiasco. Actually, things weren't that bad. This week was everything you wanted to know about rice but were afraid to ask.

I made a chicken and shrimp jambalaya, as well as a wild mushroom risotto. I thought that they turned out fairly well. I received a number of compliments from folk that had never even heard of these dishes, let alone eaten them before. I do need to work on my presentation skills. For those of you that don't know, here is a picture of a similar sort of jambalaya.

Next week it's on to the wonderful world of frying. Time to get our grease on. Until next time, keep your knives sharp, your feet happy, and your Chef happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment